Friday, August 04, 2006

Tutorial ~ How to Change Your Divider Bar

Step 1:
Go to your template settings.
Step 2:
If there is already a dotted or solid lined divider as part of your existing template, look for the following in your template and change the border-bottom to ZERO px (pixels).
If there is no divider line, move to step 3.
Step 3:
Find the following part of your template and add your HTML directly above 'End Post'.
Save your template and republish. Tada!
Please keep in mind that I only know how to do this on Blogger. If you have a different type of blog, you are still free to use the clipart, I just won't be able to tell you how.
The post containing various divider bars for you to use can be found HERE.

10 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Tara you are great... Thanks...

6:46 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

sent here thru http://coffeecrochet.blogspot.com/

i'm linking this for sure...hope you dont mind

10:44 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Hey Tara could you do some holiday ones... Like say for fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas...LOL Well you get the idea. I got it all on the blog and working beautifully and even got your button linked back to you. Thanks again.

11:03 AM  
Blogger aj said...

Thank you SO much, Tara!! I made my own but used your tutorial on where to put it!

Now if you could maybe be so kind as to tell me how to put an image in the title of my blog, I'd be thrilled!! I've about pulled my hair out trying to change that!

Thanks again!!! You ROCK, Tara!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Wonderful...thank you!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hi Tara. I am slightly computer and html retarded. I can't find the end post crap in my templates. Can you help? Are there templates in blogger that use different codes? Figures that I would be the one to get the crappy template. HA who am I kidding? It's me.....I have no aptitude for this stuff!! Thanks in advance!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Thanks for the help on this! I got it to work. And thank you for the cutest graphics! I've linked back to you! =)

5:25 PM  
Blogger SnommElf said...

did details change in beta for adding dividers?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Roan said...

hi Tara..i got through step one and two but I couldnt find any End Post on my HTML..or

12:22 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Squiggles said...

I had the same problem. I think I am using a template that is based on CSS rather than html.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home